Monday, January 26, 2009

Phases in life

The transition to Canada has been really difficult to say the least. My Summer of Sam left me pumped with so much dopamine and endorphins that when reality set in when I moved to Canada, the hang over left me feeling incredibly numb and at times terrifyingly lonely. So I do what I know best, return to the glory days of summer's past: The days where I found my niche, had my friends, lived in comfort and created fuzzy memories. Five trips in four months to be exact. Leaving things behind is often difficult for me, I'm a sentimental sap when it comes to things like that. It's a work in progress, but my outlook made a huge step forward when I saw and heard this yesterday.

3 comments:

Julianne said...

I put that on my blog too. Btw: I think that only confirms my advice to you.

k nelle said...

"This is an
important matter to consider at the start
of a new year ‐‐ and every day ought to be
the start of a new year and a new life."

Everything is significant.

Happy new year Sam!

Zach and Cecily said...

OMG - you have a blog!? I will follow it to the ends of the earth. You are now in my heartspace.